Marine Surveying And Other Auditing Services
Orcades Marine – Global Marine Surveyor Consultants call us today +44 (0) 1856 874 884
• Navigation and Bridge Management
• ISM auditing
• ISPS auditing
• MLC 2006 (Maritime Labour Convention) Compliance
Navigation Safety Assessment
We provide experienced Master Mariner/Pilot assessors with extensive relevant experience to join the vessel at a suitable location and undertake part of the voyage in which it is preferred that at least one arrival or departure is witnessed. The following elements are assessed: bridge equipment, personnel familiarization and certification, navigation policy, watch keeping and teamwork, position monitoring, collision avoidance, passage planning, charts and publications. We can also provide on board training if required. On completion of the assessment a full report with recommendations will be provided to the Client Company
ISM auditing ISPS auditing and MLC 2006 (Maritime Labour Convention) Compliance
We provide qualified auditors with extensive experience of company auditing being sensitive to the requirement for minimum disruption to the audited Company’s day to day operations.
Recent examples of projects successfully completed include an extensive auditing program of a national shipping company headquartered in the Gulf region, with reference to safety, regulation and organisational capabilities and best management practise. We are also engaged on a term contract as marine safety advisors and annual auditors to a diving contractor and vessel operator.
We have assisted a number of companies achieve ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 accreditation and integration of systems following the ISM Code.
Ship Survey and inspection
- Damage surveys: Our experienced surveyors are available to mobilise anywhere in the world at short notice, and will provide prompt and concise reporting to the Client.
- Tow warranty approval: From ocean towage of unmanned ships being towed to demolition, to coastal towage of high value and unusual objects such as marine renewable devices, to towage of drilling rigs including semi-submersible and jack-up rig positioning our experienced mariners can provide the capability to give tow warranty, tow-masters advice, tow preparation advice and voyage management
We are approved and have carried out many tow warranty surveys for insurance underwriters.
- On/off hire surveys: We provide pre and post charter surveys mainly for the offshore industry in North West Europe but also worldwide.
- Condition surveys: Our surveyors can provide condition surveys for most types of vessel for purchase or financing purposes. We are also very experienced in the assessment of the potential and cost for reactivation after lay-up for demolition buyers.
- Miscellaneous: We provide ship delivery crew and voyage management, advice on reflagging, Marine and Engineering Superintendency, and new vessel building and refit supervision.
Ship delivery/ship management
- Voyage management
- Vessel reactivation
- Voyage certification
- Marine and Engineering Superintendency
- New vessel building and refit supervision
Our project managers and superintendents have experience delivering more than fifteen large vessels for demolition purposes and countless re-positioning delivery voyages of smaller vessels under 500 GT.
- Tow preparation
- Voyage management
- Warranty Surveys
Our deep rooted “hands on” experience provides the backbone to our services to the towing industry.